Are you ready to get your book written… and into people’s lives? Then consider a Non-Fiction Book Writing Coach.
Through book writing coaching, I can show you how to write, structure, self-publish and profit from your book.
You’ve got a message to share. You may even have a draft partway done, but it just doesn’t seem to be coming along. You’re stuck. Or you know the book’s theme, but don’t know where to start with the writing and structuring. If this applies, then consider a book writing coach / mentor.
A mentor is someone who has written many books before, researched target reader-fit, found what works and so can help guide your progress. Constant feedback guides you to become a stronger writer.
First, we help with a way to plan the book (called ‘outlining’). But nothing complicated! Then, after seeing your writing, your book writing coach gives feedback on voice, language used, book structure, and keeping to the agreed theme.
Since your publishing and writing mentor is also an editor, this has its benefits. With feedback, you’ll soon understand how to tighten up your writing and choose the best analogies, allusions, case studies, quotes, and references.
Included in the full package are our self-publishing lessons (info on formatting, distribution, eBooks, costs, library supply, legalities, and ISBNs) — plus more customised advice.
You’ll get special access codes to online training in Book Creation Success Club. This self-publishing academy can empower you with knowledge to retain your publishing independence. Don’t let the assistant self-publishing companies have their big profits!
So who is Jennifer Lancaster?
I’ve been an editor of many different styles of books in the non-fiction space, including health, success, self-development, psychology. I’ve written books about money/finance, marketing, and freelancing.
Trained in desktop publishing, I have also done complex book typesetting and uploaded many books for print on demand, Kindle Direct, and Smashwords.
Reading: I have read more than 200 self-help, health books, marketing, writing, and personal finance books. Observing what works in other books helps me to advise authors.
Over the years, I studied communications and worked in copywriting and digital marketing, which adds to the useful background.
With a penchant for educating others, I will guide you so that yours becomes a helpful and powerful book.
What You’ll Learn During Coaching Sessions
Book writing mentoring helps you:
- Develop your theme: one that will meet market needs. This is crucial when it comes time to promote your book to a niche audience
- Assist with your book outline to get it into uniform shape
- Keep your written voice consistent, something that is a bugbear of many writers
- Find references that are useful for the reader
- Learning the parts of a book that must be managed, e.g. foreword, preface, about the author, and endorsements
- Learn how to critique your work and kick some of your unhelpful writer patterns (we all have them!)
- Keep you on track towards your deadline, which we set at the start.
BONUSES with our program:
- Understand the indie publishing process. You gain free access to Book Creation Success Club and benefit from guides, audios, tutorial videos, and templates for your own use.
- Assistance to get your selling points across in your book blurb, using the FIVE HOT selling points technique.
- Get a Niche Marketing and Book Guide, printed and ready for use.
- Have help to focus on profiting from your creative works.
Publishing and Writing Coaching Process
Before every one-to-one session, I will read your work of around 8-10 A4 pages and offer editing suggestions that move you forward with your book. We will schedule a fortnightly or monthly Zoom call to discuss any blocks, recent writing, the angle and language that’s right for your target reader.