We help new authors of non-fiction by offering author support services and training.
Your mentor ensures you’re clear on the genre you’re writing, you know who your market is. She helps you understand the forming of an author brand, with multimedia learning resources.
Our Support and Training Services:
- Book Writing Coaching—non-fiction, creative memoir
- Book Creation Success, a self-publisher’s course and support group
- Marketing Coaching—especially for authors who want to sell
- Book Structuring and editing—see Content Wizard package or Structural Editing
- All types of editing
- Book Typesetting training
Line Editing – Non-fiction
Line editing looks at language and communication of your message. Our line editing packs a punch, with sub-heading suggestions, paragraph flow correction, less repetition, topic sentence suggestions, and look at consistent voice. It is not your regular copy editing or proofreading service.
Guideline for days required:
- A lead magnet (5,000 words) involves creating headings, arranging, resourcing and copyediting. If available, 1 week turnaround.
- A short book (30,000 words) involves about 24 hours to edit, so it’s about 2 weeks turnaround.
- A longer book (70,000 words) can take between 40–60 hours to edit, and we refer these to Julie at Grammarfun or Gail Taggaro.
Referral system: Give plenty of lead time and get a choice of experienced book editors.
Jennifer offers Outlining sessions and support for developing a book and its theme.
These suggestions will help you, right from the start:
- connect to the reader
- stay on the theme
- stay on voice
- perform a re-structure of material, if required
- with advice on referencing and copyright matters.
Jennifer’s emphasis is on the connection and engagement of the content, alignment to your overall goals for publishing, and seeking a gap in the market. She also brings her enthusiasm for great ideas to your emerging work.
Editor feedback via Google Docs and lengthy discussions via Zoom.