We help new authors of non-fiction by offering author support services and training.
Your mentor ensures you’re clear on the genre you’re writing, you know who your market is. She helps you understand the forming of an author brand, with multimedia learning resources.
Our Support Services:
- Book Writing Coaching—non-fiction, creative memoir
- Author Academy (Book Creation Success, a self-publisher’s course and group)
- Marketing Coaching for soloists of any kind
- Book Structuring and Editing program–see Content Wizard program or Developmental Reports (instructions)
- Publishing Support add-on for clients
Line Editing – Non-fiction
Line editing looks at language and communication of your message. Our line editing packs a punch, with sub-heading suggestions, paragraph flow correction, less repetition, topic sentence suggestions, and look at consistent voice. It is not your regular copy editing or proofreading service.
Guideline for days required:
- A lead magnet (5,000 words) involves creating headings, arranging, resourcing and copyediting. If available, 1 week turnaround.
- A short book (30,000 words) involves about 24 hours to edit, so it’s about 2 weeks turnaround.
- A longer book (70,000 words) can take between 40–60 hours to edit, and we refer these to Julie at Grammarfun or Gail Taggaro.
Referral system: Give plenty of lead time and get a choice of experienced book editors.
Rather than developmental work, Jennifer now offers a fully-inclusive Writing Coaching program over six months.
These suggestions will help you, right from the start:
- connect to the reader
- stay on the theme
- stay on voice
- perform a re-structure of material, if required
- with advice on referencing and copyright matters.
Jennifer also includes book blurb writing (with hot selling points) and short author bio suggestions.
With fortnightly Zoom calls and regular feedback on chapters, this friendly book writer coaching keeps you on track.
Place your book with an experienced Editor and Writer.