Book Publishing Support Services:
- Ghost written books
- Book Writing Coaching – non-fiction, creative memoir
- Author Academy (Book Creation Success, a self-publisher’s course)
- Line Editing—Usually between $25 and $35 per 1,000 words, limited clientele
- Comprehensive Editing—No longer provided
- Self-Publishing Mentoring—$75 – $85 per hour.
Line editing looks at language and communication of your message. Our line editing packs a punch, with sub-heading suggestions, paragraph flow correction, less repetition, topic sentence suggestions, and look at consistent voice. This adds 10-20% extra time onto the time estimates below.
Copy editing is a thorough editing round for spelling, grammar, consistency, word choice, and punctuation.
Guideline for hours required:
- A short book (30,000 words) can take between 14–25 hours.
- A long book (70,000 words) can take between 30-40 hours.
If we are not available, Julie Martyn of GrammarFun can help you with copy editing at a professional level and will quote on sight of the work.
Rather than developmental work, we now offer a fully-inclusive Writing Coaching program over six months.
Our suggestions will help you, right from the start:
- connect to the reader
- stay on the theme
- stay on voice
- perform a re-structure of material, if required
- with advice on referencing and copyright matters.
We also include book blurb writing (with hot selling points) and short author bio suggestions.
With fortnightly Zoom calls and regular feedback on chapters, this friendly book writer coaching keeps you on track.
Place your book with an experienced Editor and Writer.