We help new authors of non-fiction by offering author support services and training.
We hold your hand, ensure you’re clear on the genre you’re writing, know who your market is, help you understand the forming of an author brand, and provide multi-media learning resources.
Book Publishing Support Services:
- Book Writing Coaching—non-fiction, creative memoir
- Author Academy (Book Creation Success, a self-publisher’s course and club)
- Line Editing, including co-writing program
- Book Blurb writing from your notes
- Author’s Marketing Coaching—intro price: $130 a session.
Line editing looks at language and communication of your message. Our line editing packs a punch, with sub-heading suggestions, paragraph flow correction, less repetition, topic sentence suggestions, and look at consistent voice. This adds 10-20% extra time onto the time estimates below.
Copy editing, virtually the same, is a thorough editing round for spelling, grammar, consistency, word choice, and punctuation.
Guideline for hours required:
- A lead magnet (5,000 words) can take about 7 hours to create headings, arrange and copyedit.
- A short book (30,000 words) can take between 16–24 hours to edit.
- A longer book (70,000 words) can take between 40–50 hours to edit.
Why wait months for an editor? Book in with two weeks’ lead time and get a choice of two experienced book editors.
Rather than developmental work, Jennifer now offers a fully-inclusive Writing Coaching program over six months.
These suggestions will help you, right from the start:
- connect to the reader
- stay on the theme
- stay on voice
- perform a re-structure of material, if required
- with advice on referencing and copyright matters.
Jennifer also includes book blurb writing (with hot selling points) and short author bio suggestions.
With fortnightly Zoom calls and regular feedback on chapters, this friendly book writer coaching keeps you on track.
Place your book with an experienced Editor and Writer.